A good understanding of swing dynamics combined with information about your swing analytics will enable you to enhance your swing. Blast Golf Swing Analyzer is ideal to provide the information you require and today we take the time to provide you with a Blast Golf Swing Analyzer Review.
Testimony to its effectiveness is the fact that more than 200 players and coaches on the PGA, European, Champions, LPGA, and Web.com tours use the Blast Motion golf analyzer.
However, few golfers are students of the game to such an extent that they can build a good swing without going to a professional for advice.
- Blast Golf Swing Analyzer Review
- What is Blast Motion Golf Swing Analyzer?
- What is included in the box?
- Using the Blast motion Swing Analyzer
- What is on the app?
- Android System Requirements:
- The release of the upgrades on the app in 2020 offers
- Blast Motion camera feature
Blast Golf Swing Analyzer Review
- Ease of sharing on social media
- Can share videos with coach
- Flexible for use in other sports such as baseball
- Automatic video capture
- Well-constructed and durable
- 11 data points
- Slow-motion camera feature
- Some golfers have experienced connection problems
- Need to meet minimum requirements for iOS and Android devices
- The rubber attachments are cumbersome to attach to the clubs initially
- The UX (user experience) works well but can be improved
What is Blast Motion Golf Swing Analyzer?
Blast Motion sing Analyzer is a sensor that attaches to the butt end of the grip that provides a set of data gathered during your swing. It pairs with an app on your mobile device that instantly displays feedback thus enabling you to practice effectively.
No more speculating what went wrong with your swing when it veers off the path you envisaged. You can determine the exact area that requires fixing.
What is included in the box?
Included in the green box is everything you require to set it up and operate successfully.
- The Blast Motion Sensor measures .59 inches by 1.06 inches weighing in at 0.3 ounces.
- Charging Pad
- USB power cable for charging pad
- Two rubber attachments for the device (1 for standard size grips and one for oversized putter grips)
- Set of instructions
- 1 X Lithium-ion battery
Before the first use, it is advisable to fully charge the battery using the charging pad and USB power cable. Fortunately, an LED light will display the battery status and when it’s fully charged.
Install the app on your mobile device and pair the Blast Motion Sensor with the app before attaching it to your club.
Once paired you can attach the sensor to the butt end of the grip using the rubber attachment provided. It can attach to any club in your bag including the putter. Jumbo grips are catered for with a larger rubber attachment.
Blast Motion offers patented Smart Video Capture™ technology that automatically analyses the data gathered.
It provides video clips that enable you to create a series of video highlights in conjunction with the metrics. You can then send this to your coach for further analysis and advice.
Attaching and swapping the sensor between clubs is a straightforward process. It may take a few attempts to master the process but once you have mastered the process expect it to go smoothly. It is extremely important to fit the sensor correctly or you may encounter some inaccurate feedback.
Data is transferred to your mobile device via a Low Energy Bluetooth connection. If there is no connection to your mobile device, Blast Motion Sensor stores the data offline.
Stroke and swing metrics are recorded enabling you to analyze areas such as timing, tempo, face rotation. The 11 data points gathered, video highlights, and performance history is captured and stored to form components of your Swing DNA, (a trademark from Blast golf). All f this can be accessed via a single touch on your mobile device screen.
Assisting you to improve on your swing defects, Blast Golf provides access to In-app training videos that offer tips, drills, and actionable insights.
Another trademark feature from Blast Golf is the Smart Video Capture™ that automatically clips your video and combines it with your swing metrics.
These videos can be shared on social media with your friends, or emailed to your swing coach without exiting the app.
Using the Blast motion Swing Analyzer
Although the Blast Swing Analyzer is not difficult to use, it is advisable that you start by using it on your putter first. This will enable you to get accustomed to reading and interpreting the data.
This will enable you to use the Blast Motion Swing Analyzer at home while you work on your stroke plane, swing ratio (backswing to downswing), and tempo.
What is on the app?
Although having a good understanding of the swing mechanics is helpful, it is not a necessity to analyze the feedback on the app. It guides you through the steps gracefully offering a decent user experience.
Data points that are provided include
- Backswing time
- Downswing time
- Attack angle
- And more
Blast Motion Swing analyzer is compatible with iOS and Android devices. iOS requires versions iOS 11.x,12 .x, 13.x or later / iPad OS 13.x or later while Android require OS versions 7.0 (Nougat) and later.
iOS compatible phones:
iPhone 6S, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, Xs, Xs Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
iOS compatible tablets:
iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, Air, Air 2, iPad 9.7″ (5th gen), iPad 9.7” (6th gen), iPad Pro 9.7″, iPad 10.2″ (7th gen), iPad Pro 10.5″ (2nd gen), iPad Pro 11″ (3rd gen), iPad Pro 12.9″ (2nd gen), iPad Pro 12.9” (3rd gen)
Google Android compatible devices:
You can use the Blast app on all Android smartphones, but it is not available on Android tablets.
Android System Requirements:
- Capacity: 32GB
- Recording Quality: 1080p at 30 fps
- Processor: 2.5Hz quad-core application processor
Adaptive Slow-Mo is only supported on Galaxy S7 / S8 / S8+, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6P, Pixel, Pixel 3, Pixel XL
The release of the upgrades on the app in 2020 offers
- Short Game & Bunker Modes
- Simplified App navigation
- Full Swing metrics & training layouts
Blast Motion camera feature
Blast motion offers you a camera feature enabling you to view your swing frame by frame in slow motion to detect any deviation from the ideal swing path
This will enable you to dial into the areas that need improvement to create a consistent swing which is essential for lower scores.
Using a tripod will add stability to the camera function adding more clarity to swing defects.
It links to their award-winning Arccos Caddie app that features
- Automatic hands-free shot tracking with fully automatic shot capture
- Smart Distance club average distance
- I. powered rangefinder that adjusts in real-time for wind, slope, temperature, humidity, and altitude providing accurate yardage
- Caddie Advice kicks in after data gathered over 5 rounds to leverage A.I. offering a personalized strategy for optimal shots
- Strokes Gained Analytics to highlight strengths and weaknesses for more concentrated practice sessions
- 1-year membership to the Arccos Caddie app is included in the price but must be renewed annually
- Battery lasts 5 years, guaranteed for 2 years
- Power saving mode
Included in purchase
- 13 regular Arccos Caddie sensors
- 1 Arccos Caddie Putter sensor
- Free iOS & Android apps
Unlike Blast Golf that only provides 2 sensors of variable width, Arccos offers 14 sensors that screw into the back of the grip.
This 3D swing analyzer measures data points such as
- Club speed
- Club plane
- Backswing length
In contrast to the Blast Motion Swing Analyzer, the Zepp attaches to your glove thus making it unnecessary to change it when you are changing clubs. Zepp sensors consist of dual accelerometers and dual 3-axis gyroscopes.
Feedback is provided instantaneously enabling you to concentrate on a specific aspect of your swing mechanics
Personalized training programs can be developed for your swing based on the feedback on your swing
You can replay and review your swing in 360 degrees from any angle
3. Skycaddie Skypro (Currently Out Of Stock, Will Update Soon)
Another type of golf analyzer is the SkyPro from SkyCaddie that attaches to the shaft of your club rather than the grip or your glove. It attaches just below the grip on any club in your bag ranging from driver through the putter.
At a mere 23 ½ grams it is unlikely to add too much weight to affect your swing in any way.
It offers an ultrafast 3D performance allowing you to delve into your swing with 6 degrees of freedom rotation at 60FPS
SkyPro’s adaptive alert system detects any swing parameter that deviates from your best swing and provides information on how to rectify the deviation.
You can overlay your swing to be analyzed over your best swing providing interactive visual comparisons to identify weaknesses.
Blast Golf Motion Swing Analyzer offers a range of data points on their app to be compared to your best swings to identify areas of concern that need practice.
It faces stiff competition in the market but is definitely worth a try.
What is your opinion of attachable swing analyzers? Do they work and have you seen any improvement?
Please provide feedback in the comments section below.
- The 5 Best Golf Swing Analyzer To Improve Your Game
- The 6 Best Budget Launch Monitors On The Market
- Right Arm & Elbow In Golf Swing; Explained For You
Nick Lomas is the founder of GolfSpan, an avid golfer, not quite a pro but has over 15-years of experience playing and coaching golfers from all over the world. His mission is to bring the golfing community a better experience then it comes to choosing the right golf gear, and finding the right set up for your game.