The best golf swing analysis app is built to enhance your posture, takeaway, the top of the swing, and impact position.
The apps improve your analysis to optimize your wrists, elbows, arms, and shoulder position during the swing to deliver a powerful strike with optimal distance and accuracy.
Here are the 5 best golf swing analysis apps for 2023:
- V1 Golf App – Overall Best Golf Swing Analyzer App
- Swing Profile – Best Golf Swing Analysis App With Free Version
- Golf SwingPlane – Best Golf Swing Analysis Software For Swing Plane Training
- Mirror Vision Golf App – Best Swing Recorder App
- Golf BPM Tempo Swing Track – Best Golf Swing Android And iOS For Tempo Training
At the end of this guide, you will know the five best golf swing analysis apps for you and how they benefit your mechanics.
Here is a rundown of what you can expect to learn from our best golf swing analysis review:
- 5 best golf swing analysis apps for 2023 with pros and cons
- Best app for swing plane training
- Top app for tempo training
- Details about the best free app
Top 3 Best Golf Swing Apps
|Best Overall||Best Free App||Best For Swing Plane|
|V1 Golf App||Swing Profile||Golf SwingPlane|
|Rating||4.5 Stars||4.5 Stars||4.5 Stars|
The Best Golf Swing Analyzer App 2023
1. V1 Golf App – Overall Best Golf Swing Analyzer App
- Records your swing
- Analyzes your swing in slow motion
- Gives you access to a library of drills
- Helps you compare your swing to tour pros
- Offers a 7-day free trial
- Annual fee of $59.99 per year
- You have to upgrade to the V1+ to access drills and models.
The V1 golf app claims the title of the best golf swing analyzer app for Android and iOS in 2023. It enables users to improve their biomechanics by recording their swing, analyzing every step, and comparing their performance and swing to Tour pros like Rory McIlroy, Padraig Harrington, and Tony Finau.
Despite the analysis offered by most vest golf swing apps, the V1 Golf App gives access to a robust library of drills from PGA-certified instructors. Finally, the V1 Golf App records 240 frames per second to capture every step of your golf swing for an accurate analysis.
Read more about top golf swing analyzers in our in-depth guide for 2023.
2. Swing Profile – Best Golf Swing Analysis App With Free Version
- 3 versions to choose from
- Includes a free offering
- Hands-free video recording
- Gives access to coaches
- You can share your videos or comment on others
- Outdated interface
- The paid versions are expensive compared to other swing apps.
The Swing Profile mobile app offers golfers a free and paid version to enhance their swing analysis. Naturally, the paid versions offer increased storage space to save your videos and apply filters and metrics to them.
Swing Profile offers the option of filming hands-free, then stores the swings in your library for your to review and add layers. In addition, the developers created an online community with who you can share videos and receive feedback on your swing. Finally, the app also gives you direct access to many instructors offering virtual lessons.
3. Golf SwingPlane – Best Golf Swing Analysis Software For Swing Plane Training
- Records your swing
- Robust tool for serious golfers
- Free to download
- It offers lessons from professionals
- Helps you understand and improve your swing plane
- Only available on iOS
- Difficult to learn and understand for the average golfer.
The Golf SwingPlane app offers a detailed design, enabling the user to record your swing and overlay shapes to highlight each point of the swing. The boxes are drawn around the frame of your body, while the lines extend from your ball up the shaft, and another one runs parallel up to your trail shoulder.
Next, the circle is to draw around your clubhead after takeaway and at the top of your backswing. These props help you understand where your hands, wrists, elbows, and clubhead are relative to the impact zone throughout the swing.
Besides the swing plane assistance, the app features videos from Tiger Woods, Ernie Els, Rory McIlroy, and Phil Mickelson.
4. Mirror Vision Golf App – Best Swing Recorder App
- Multiple shapes and lines for reference guides during your swing
- Records in slow-mo at 240 FPS
- High-quality picture
- Free to download
- You can import and export videos to and from the camera roll
- Only available on iOS devices
- Limited tutorials of how it functions
The Mirror Vision Golf App provides robust tools to record every swing and stream it on a different device in real-time. In addition, it is stacked with a multitude of overlays to create reference guides for your address, takeaway, top of the swing, and impact position.
Another welcome feature allows you to import previously recorded videos and edit them using the guidelines. I found this handy to compare swings from before using the app to now. Finally, the Mirror Vision Golf App Slow-Mo function records and plays back at 240 FPS, ensuring you catch every move in your swing.
Read more about the best cameras to record your swing to analyze later.
5. Golf BPM Tempo Swing Track – Best Golf Swing Android And iOS For Tempo Training
- Improves your tempo
- Uses music
- Free to download
- Available on iOS and Android
- Easy to use
- Some players may find the music distracting
- It doesn’t offer other insight into your swing
We close out our review with a free golf swing analyzer to download, focused specifically on your tempo. The Golf BPM Tempo Swing Track takes a unique approach to the topic by using music to train you.
Download the app and enjoy the complimentary registration before commencing your training. Select a station with your music of choice, then select the club in hand and your average swing speed.
Next, you start your takeaway on the first count and initiate your downswing on the second count. Finally, your clubface should strike the ball on the third count. Working on this drill frequently leads to a consistent swing without even thinking about it.
Is There A Free App To Measure Golf Swing Speed?
Yes, GolfTrak is a launch monitor application that monitors golf swing speed, spin axis, club path, and distance. It is also compatible with E6 Connect golf simulator software, but you must pay the annual subscription fee.
Is There An App That Tracks Golf Shots?
Yes, apps like V1 Game and Shot Tracer allow you to track golf shots to analyze your round later. Although not as glamorous, there are Digital Scorecards like Hole 19 and Swing U that track your strokes and distance.
What Is The Best Golf Swing Analysis App For iPhone?
The V1 Golf offering is the best golf swing analysis app for iPhone, thanks to its recording capabilities, silhouette guides, and access to a wealth of drills and tutorials.
Our best golf swing analysis app review for 2023 showed five products that excel in their respective categories. The only app that thrived overall was the V1 Golf App for its analysis, tutorials, and drills.
Golf swing analysis apps are built to identify your address, takeaway, top of the swing, and impact position. Moreover, they also enhance your tempo, club head speed, and swing path, which helps you deliver consistent shots without overthinking your swing.
While our five best golf swing apps are worth considering in their respective categories, I suggest considering the V1 Golf App for an overall experience.
Matt is a seasoned golf equipment writer and sports fanatic. He holds a Postgraduate in Sports Marketing and has played golf for over 28 years.