- Golf GPS Watch or Handheld GPS Device?
- Handheld GPS Selection Criteria to Consider
- Reviews of The Best Golf GPS Devices
- GPS Watch Selection Criteria to Consider
- Review of the Top 5 GPS Watches For Golfers
Golf GPS Watch or Handheld GPS Device?
Many a golf pundit has strived to provide the solution to this question without major success. Golf is a game comprising of many individual factors and the choice between a GPS watch and a GPS handheld device will be deliberated for many years to come.
Your personal preference and skills will play a big part in the selection and at the end of the day, your decision will be determined by your needs and preference.
The GPS Watch
- A golf watch is lightweight and easy to carry around on your arm. A watch that is tied to your wrist is much closer and simpler to gain access to than a device that is stored in a case, most likely in your bag or in the cart. Therefore it will create less of a disturbance and allow you to speed up play.
- A golf yardage finder will give you the distance to the hole from any point on the course. If you are satisfied with it during your performance, you would be fine with those watches.
- Some golf watches can be utilized as an everyday watch as well.
- On the negative side, the display on a watch is most probably smaller than that of a handheld device.
The Handheld GPS
- Handheld devices are normally larger and bulkier than GPS watches and have larger displays making it easier to interpret the distances displayed on the screen. The golfer that wants an all-round experience may prefer a handheld device.
- Handheld devices are able to store more functionality and statistics due to their size.
- On the negative side, the increased bulk makes it difficult to carry around while playing and it requires storage either in your bag or on the cart.
Ultimately your personal preference will dictate which device you will select. As technology improved, more functionality is added to golf watches and screens are made larger for ease of reading.
Why Are GPS Devices Used in Golf?
In the early years of golf, players were dependent on markings on the course whether it be on the side of the fairway, or later markings on the fairway, indicating the distance to the green.
This was not always clear whether it was describing the distance to the front, middle, or back of the green. Distances to hazards were mostly estimation but certainly not perfect.
With the advent of the GPS system and then gadgets that were made available to the general public to ascertain distances, the need for GPS rangefinders rapidly increased.
Present-day GPS devices can quite conceivably provide precise information to within 5 feet making the shot selection and club choice significantly simpler. They are furthermore able to display the layout of the hole inclusive of all hazards and even the green layout and pin position
How Do Golf GPS’ Work?
The Global Positioning System (GPS) consists of more than 30 navigation satellites circling the earth. A GPS receiver in your device listens for these signals and when 4 or more of these satellites provide information to your device, it can calculate your current position.
The detail of the course is preloaded on your device with the locations of the relevant greens, hazards and other points of interest.
What Is An App And What Does It Do?
The app is short for application. An application is a computer system written to provide your GPS device with instructions on how to operate.
Logging into the app will allow you to execute certain instructions and provide you with relevant. One of the major components of such an app is to sync with the main server of the app and download the latest information available to your profile. Some apps require subscription and will only divulge certain information free of charge.
Handheld GPS Selection Criteria to Consider
Synchronization / App integration
Confirm that the device can synchronize with the app via Bluetooth or wi-fi for updates of the software, course information and to download new courses that have become available on the app.
Some apps can integrate with your smartphone allowing you to track your stats electronically and even make information on your round accessible online to family, friends or other golfers wherever they may be on the planet.
The number of golf courses pre-loaded on the device is of extreme importance but would be of no value if it does not incorporate courses that you may possibly play on a frequent basis. Some of the devices at the top of the range have included in excess of 40000 pre-loaded courses covering more than 30 countries.
Check whether there are courses in the vicinity that have not been pre-loaded and ascertain whether they are expected to be added in the near future.
The latest GPS devices have many features to assist golfers at all levels to achieve the best results possible. We will highlight the best features of every device to enable you to make the best decision on whether the features are an essential or nice-to-have feature.
GPS devices are available in a wide range of prices and it will be up to you to set the budget upfront and then stick to the budget. There are so many features available and one can easily get carried away by the features and forget about the budget
The essential parts of the display are the clearness and dimension and if the device will be able to show the full length of the hole in a clear layout.
Another area to take into consideration is if the display has touch screen technology incorporated to facilitate you to move about to sections of the hole and zoom in for a clearer insight of what you can expect along the way.
The battery in the GPS device must have ample life for you to finish at least 18 holes. Most devices have battery life in excess of 8 hours, so this ought not to be a problem.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Best Golf GPS
|Garmin Approach G8 Golf GPS||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS/Rangefinder||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|Garmin Approach S60, Premium GPS Golf Watch||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|IZZO Golf Swami 5000 Golf GPS Rangefinder||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|Bushnell NEO XS||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
Reviews of The Best Golf GPS Devices
The handheld Approach G8 is rated as the best handheld GPS device available and it is aimed at golfers that have a higher disposable income. It provides a load of functionality and provides assistance for people that struggle with smaller fonts but allowing you to switch to a larger font mode.
- Automatic updates are received wherever you have contact with wi-fi and it is free.
- You will be able to connect to your iPhone and receive notifications, email, text and other alerts sent to your phone to ensure that you do not miss out on any critical information.
- There are in excess of 40000 golf courses spanning the globe preloaded on the G8 and more courses are loaded on a regular basis. This makes it one of the best-covered GPS devices in golf.
- Through the use of slope technology, the G8 will provide you the actual distances that the shot will play at. It will adjust the distance left taking into account whether the shot is playing uphill or downhill.
- Based on data collected from previous rounds it will recommend advice on which club to select for your next shot
- The 3-inches color touchscreen displays numbers in big digits for ease of viewing. You can also touch the area that you are targeting to land the ball for more detail regarding distances and possible areas of concern.
- The display will show you the layout of the hole you are playing on and the green view and allow you to toggle between the two views.
- Green view mode allows you to position the pin for more accurate distances.
- Blindshot assistance will provide you with the direction and distance to the green when you are in a blind spot and you are unable to see the green.
- The battery life of the device is set at 15 hours which will enable you to complete 3 rounds of golf
Even though it lacks some of the functionality provided by its rivals, the water-resistant Voice 2 from Golf Buddy is a trendy edition of GolfBuddy’ s extremely competent range of voice-enabled GPS devices. It provides the essentials in an effective way and is small enough to fit comfortably on your person while playing golf.
- The Voice 2 is preloaded with 8 languages and can be synchronized for free updates by linking it to your computer via the USB port.
- There are 40000 courses spanning 170 countries preloaded on this device.
- The device comes with automatic course and hole detection technology
- It displays distances to the back, middle, and front of the green, the par of the current hole as well as the number of the hole being played.
- Dynamic Greenview technology will give you the green shape distance readings from the golfer’s perspective even when you are not on the fairway.
- The device will measure the distance of your shots for future reference and allow you to analyze your round later.
- The distances can be shown on the display or read out to you in any of the 8 preloaded languages.
- The 1-inch monochrome LCD display will provide you with a complete layout of the hole.
- The device is fitted with a rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery that will last for 14 hours in GPS mode
- Best GPS watch available
- Large touchscreen for easy viewing
- The adjustable strap is particularly comfortable
- Easy charging system
- 41,000 pre-loaded courses
- Long battery life
- Swappable bands for style variations.
- Provides fewer yardage readings than rangefinders
- Prone to picking up practice swings
This is one of the sleekest and chic golf GPS watches available and it is also robust and the face is made of Gorilla Glass 3 that will shield it should it fall or be struck by a stray golf ball.
The 0.86-inch Quickfit band completes the looks of this watch magnificently and these bands are effortlessly swappable for style variations.
The Garmin Connect app delivers free course updates via an associated smartphone. It is furthermore possible to receive call and text notifications and to regulate the music stored on your associated smartphone from here.
There are 41000 courses from across the globe pre-loaded onto the 1 GB memory of the Garmin Approach S60.
- The watch tracks your activity through the Garmin Connect app for review after your round.
- It measures the distance of your last shot automatically
- After a period of inactivity, this GPS watch will notify you of a moving bar on the display. The bar will disappear after movement.
- The Garmin S60 calculates your current position swiftly and accurately.
- There are a compass, gyroscope, and accelerometer to provide you with ample information during your round.
- The green view feature allows you to place the pin on the green for more accurate distance reading.
- The large 1.2″ color display is easily readable in direct sunlight and has a touchscreen display
- Personalization of the watch is possible, and you can effortlessly put your favorite background via the Face It app on your smartphone.
- Points of interest such as hazards and doglegs are presented accurately on the full-color map of the hole you are currently playing.
- The battery will last up to 10 hours in GPS mode and the watch is functional for roughly 10 days as an everyday watch before it requires a recharges.
4. IZZO Golf Swami 5000 Golf GPS Rangefinder
- Large display and buttons for ease of use
- Extremely accurate
- Color screen
- Easy to operate
- Yardages to hazards and doglegs
- Good battery life
- Inconsistent quality of pieces
- Repeated incorrect distance readings
- Clunky set-up
- Proprietary magnetic charging cable
The 5000 is an IPX6-rated water-resistant, colorful handheld device that provides the golfer with a clear view of the current hole.
Synchronization and setup can be a laborious process that will take and can take around 45 minutes to complete. Once registered and an account created, the software must be downloaded to a PC, not a Mac, and then you can select the courses that you want to download to your device. There is no subscription fee or download fees
There are in excess of 38,000 international courses preloaded
- As soon as Play mode is selected the device will display nearby courses in under 1 minute and you can select the course that you are playing on and upon completion of the hole, it advances to the next hole.
- You will be provided with distances to hazards, distances for saving lay-up and distances to carry the hazard to prepare you to make the most suitable shot and club selection
- The Izzo Swami 5000 will measure your shot distance by pressing a single button and it is able to compare your shot distance with the longest drives recorded on the specific hole previously.
- The digital scorecard allows you to store your score upon completion by pressing a single button and then entering your score.
- You can edit course maps to add missing information such as newly established hazards or any important points of interest to keep your data as relevant as possible.
- There is a 2” full-color display with simple to distinguish numbers and easily identifiable icons.
- The battery lasts for 12-hours and can be charged swiftly with the Easy-Charge magnetic charger.
This lightweight golf GPS watch is waterproof, comes with a 1-year limited warranty, comfortable, and easy to use. There is no obligatory setup required and it will be eager to play from the instant it leaves the box.
You will first have to register with iGolf that supplies the golf course information to Bushnell. Once registers the app updates are achieved easily by plugging the watch into a computer via the USB port.
- The watch is preloaded with more than 33000 golf courses spanning 30 countries.
- The hole view will display the number of the hole that you are currently playing, the par for the hole, and the distances to the front, middle, and back of the green.
- The hazard view will only display 2 hazards on the screen at once and should there be more hazards on the hole a secondary hazard screen is available to provide more information.
- The only information on your round that will be displayed is the current time, the elapsed time and steps taken.
- Upon completion of a hole, the auto-advance function will move on to the next hole. It is possible to change the hole manually through the buttons provided but not to disable the auto-advance function.
- You can set your watch to the next tee time for up to one week in advance which will initiate a search for satellites approximately 7 minutes before the set tee time.
- The screen is roughly 0.8-inch X 0.8 inch providing roughly 0.66” square inches of the display area and does not take up all the surface area available on the display. This does not distract from the quality of the display and user experience.
- The long-lasting battery will provide power for up to 12 hours making it one of the longest-lasting batteries currently available.
6. Bushnell Neo Ion 2 Golf GPS Watch
- Long lasting battery
- Above average amount of courses
- Up to 4 hazard distances per hole
- Auto hole advance
- Great price point for the value
- Can take a while to load course
- Battery charger is not durable according to some reviews
- Lack of tech support
- The watch is fairly easy to set up and has free subscriptions and updates that happen automatically to improve your experience on the golf course.
- The Bluetooth allows for updates even while you are on the course!
- The watch comes with 36,000 preloaded courses across 30 countries all over the world.
- The hazard reading feature is nice for those shots where you need to be aware of a bunker, body of water, or anything else that could cause trouble on the golf course.
- The other thing that sets the Bushnell Neo Ion 2 Golf GPS Watch is the auto hole advance feature. No longer do you need to update your watch all the time. It will keep up with you by itself!
- The sleek look of the watch is appealing, and it gives the player an accurate reading of the front, middle, and back of the green.
- The watch from Bushnell advertises a long battery life that does not need charged until 3 rounds have been played.
Final Thoughts on GPS Devices
Golfers are being spoilt for choice with the various devices available to aid them in determining the distance left to the green and other relevant information regarding hazards. GPS devices are now able to recommend the club you require based on your past performance and you can review your performance in the comfort of your home in order to prepare better for your next round.
The selection of whether you should utilize a golf watch or a handheld GPS device will always be based on personal preference. We have attempted to provide you with information on the best available watches and handheld devices to enable you to make an educated decision.
The more skilled golfers will gain most from the GolfBuddy Voice 2 handheld GPS or the Bushnell NEO XS golf watch as they have more high-end features at an inexpensive price.
Top-level golfers could benefit from the Garmin Approach S60 watch or the Garmin Approach G8 handheld device as they present the most sophisticated features and will support in post-game reflection.
Although this classification can be used as a guideline and is not definitive and golfers could be guided by their budgets and determination to improve their skills rapidly.
GPS Watch Selection Criteria to Consider
Golf watches are not dissimilar to smartphones that provide apps to aid you in finding your way around any of the pre-loaded golf courses.
The interface ought to be clear and easy to operate and not too many confusing options. It must complement and aid the golfer in bettering their golf game.
Golf is a game that is played outdoors and exposed to the natural elements and therefore it is important that they are protected from inclement weather and ultraviolet rays.
Number of Courses Mapped
Several watches have more than 30 000 courses previously mapped out and stored in memory waiting to be chosen and then deliver the appropriate information as you play in conjunction with the GPS satellites. The more advanced watches will recognize the course that you are on via the GPS satellites and preload the course.
Realizing that there are many more than the 30000 courses that are pre-loaded, you may find yourself planning to play a course that is not preloaded. No problem, some watches will allow you to download the course you are to play via Wi-Fi if it is available online. This feature will similarly update previously loaded courses with the most recent developments and modifications.
The green may not always be clearly visible from your position and unless you are well acquainted with the course, you may easily select an inappropriate club or attempt to hit the ball into an area beside the green. There are several watches that will permit you to see the layout of the green including the width and depth of the green. Many watches will provide you with 3 different readings for the front, middle and the back of the green.
Manual Pin Adjustments
Now that you have an unobstructed vision of what the green looks like, the pin positioning could play a role in your club selection. Even though many courses indicate whether the flag is positioned in the front, middle or back, the feature that allows you to relocate the pin position on the green will offer a more exact reading and therefore allow you to get the ball closer to the pin.
The most standard reading that is provided by rangefinders and golf watches is the yardage information to specified hazards and to the green.
Shot Distance Tracking
The distance that your previous shot covered is essential to establish how far you hit a particular club for future reference, and occasionally to boast as to how far you hit a drive.
This is done by setting the measurement on once you have hit a shot and you start your long walk towards your ball. This is measured by the distance from the start point to the endpoint based on GPS tracking and not the number of steps taken to reach your ball.
The more sophisticated watches have sensors built in to observe your swing speed and swing path for fine-tuning your swing based on the information gathered during a round in actual playing conditions.
In addition to tracking your swing data, the more advanced watches will track your score as well and enable you to track how you are playing compared to previous rounds.
The battery life of your golf watch is enormously crucial as it should be capable of lasting for a bare minimum of 18 holes prior to necessitating a recharge. Many golf watches can be worn outside of the golf environment and typically have a battery life exceeding 10 days.
Usability Outside Golf
Manufacturers of golf watches have appreciated that they have an opportunity to allow golfers to utilize their investment in their golf watch outside of the golf environment. They have made it possible to continue wearing the golf watch as an everyday watch. The top-end golf watches will even permit you to check in on your emails or answer your phone while playing golf or away from the course.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Best Golf Watch
|Bushnell Neo Ion 2||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|Garmin Approach S40||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|Golf Buddy WTX||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|Callaway GPSy Sport Watch||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|SkyCaddie Linx GT||VIEW ON AMAZON →|
Review of the Top 5 GPS Watches For Golfers
1. Bushnell Neo Ion 2
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Accurate yardages,
- An intuitive and straightforward user interface,
- Reversible band
- Integrated fitness tracker
- Robust design
- Automatic course and hole recognition
- Long battery life
- Distance measurements can be read effortlessly
- No touch screen
- No overhead map view
- Not as innovative as some rivals
- Can take long to locate courses
- Charger design could be improved
This is not a watch that will provide you with all the bells and whistles that some of the more advanced watches do. It delivers the most essential data in a simple and efficient way.
A simple LCD screen provides the user interface where some of the more superior products offer a touch screen as a user interface and for that reason, it will not be able to display an overhead view of the maps. The large display will show the distances in a very readable format.
Weatherproofing and Number of Courses Mapped
The Bushnell is waterproof and comes with around 36000 pre-loaded golf courses that cover 30 countries. There is an instinctive course recognition feature and will automatically move on to the next hole as you complete the current hole. The built-in Bluetooth connectivity will allow you to install the Bushnell App on your smartphone, renew current course information and download courses that are not pre-loaded.
Due to the use of an LCD screen, you will not be able to view the overhead display of the green and alter the pin location for exact distances as is possible on other GPS watches.
It will display appropriate yardage data for up to four identified hazards and the distances to the front, middle, and back of the green.
You can assess the distance that your shot traveled by means of the distance data provided on the tee and deducting the remaining distance from your ball position to the green. You can connect to the Bushnell Golf App via Bluetooth for a thorough assessment of your round.
The watch has an Ion 2 battery that will provide you with information for up to 12 hours in GPS mode
Usability Outside Golf
There is a reversible strap that can turn the black strap into blue, and silver into green for flexibility and use away from the golf course. Furthermore, it contains a pedometer and an odometer for tracing the distances covered either on the golf course or in general.
Verdict – Whilst this is not the golf watch with the most features, it does provides the basic functionality in a simple to use manner and does its job well.
2. Garmin Approach S40
- The vibrant color display makes it an easy read
- Accurate distances
- Reasonably Priced
- Automatically records shot distances
- Green charting with manual modifications
- Records short game
- Connects via Bluetooth smartphone app
- Fewer features that the Garmin S60
- Slow startup time
Garmin has been at the forefront of GPS technology for decades and Garmin has moved on from only supplying the mobile market with GPS devices and included their technology in golf watches. There are many watches in the Garmin range, and we have looked at the most popular and well-loved watch they offer rather than including all of them in this piece.
The S40 is waterproof and there are 41000 courses from around the globe loaded on the S40 and allows you to compare your score against other golfers that have played the course before you. The color screen measures in at 1.2 inches and is extremely responsive and easy to read in strong sunlight.
The color screen also allows you to view the aerial layout and the elevations on the green and permits you to move the pin on the green for more precise placement and distance calculation. Green elevation display with a moveable pin.
Distances to hazards, front, middle, and back of the green are displayed clearly on the 1.2-inch color display
Shot Distance Tracking
The AutoShot Game Tracking automatically records the distance that your ball traveled without you having to instigate the command. This not only records your shot distances but also every pitch and putt for post-match analysis.
The battery life on the S40 is on the higher end of the scale and will last for roughly 15 hours in GPS mode and will work for up to 10 days as a non-GPS watch making it a great everyday partner.
Usability Outside Golf
There are quick-release bands on the S40 that can turn the watch from a sporty golf watch into a formal watch when fitted with a leather band. The watch can moreover be connected to your mobile phone via Bluetooth for the exact tracing of fitness activities and sleep patterns.
Verdict – Although it is missing some of the features built into the higher-priced watches in the Garmin stable, it is one of the most popular golf watches and provides sufficient features for most golfers.
The Golf Buddy WTX is a waterproof golf watch that is preloaded with roughly 38000 golf courses. It has automatic course recognition and auto advance to the next hole. Synchronizing your watch with the app will provide updates to the courses loaded as well as any new courses loaded onto the system. The large 1.2-inch LCD display is clearly visible even in bright sunshine
The dynamic green view presents you with a picture of the green based on your present position and it will swivel the picture of the green if you move about the fairway or, on the odd occasion, the rough.
A flyover vIew of each hole aided by a powerful GPS combined with the intuitive interface provides for great distance and hazard tracking. The full-color touchscreen provides an accurate distance to the front, middle and back of the green.
The battery life on the WX is an average of 8 hours that is enhanced by the wake-on-lift feature that saves battery life while your hands are in a natural position while walking or during the swing. It will only light up the display when your hands are lifted to a horizontal position.
Verdict – The WTX provides golfers with all the information required to plan the next shot irrespective of where they are playing their approach shots. The dynamic green view will aid golfers in understanding the exact look of the green from their current location without having to walk up to the green for a close-up view.
4. Callaway GPSy Sport Watch
- Built-in score tracker that tracks your score as you play
- Very stylish watch
- Excellent battery life
- Identifies and notifies you of hazard locations and distances
- User guide could be more user-friendly
- Charging can be a challenge
- Plain design and only available in two color choices
- No touchscreen
- Cannot connect online or to any device
- Hazard information not always precise
Callaway is a premium manufacturer and supplier of golf equipment and can always be relied on to provide a product that will work well and be robust to last or a long time. The GPSy is a feature-packed golf watch that works well and is extremely competitive in the pricing category.
The waterproof golf watch features a 1.28-inch square and features a black and white display and it is pre-loaded with 30000 courses that recognize the course being played and has auto-advance features set to recognize when you move to the next hole.
Yardages are accurately measured to the front, middle and back of the green as well as to hazards and doglegs. It will provide information regarding the distance that the ball must carry to cross hazards or when you want to cut across a dogleg. You can rely on the accurate calculation of lay-up distances should you want to lay-up before a hazard.
Scoring can be done on the digital scorecard and it will score your round automatically while tracking your movements. It will record your putts per round and the number of greens that you have hit in regulation.
The rechargeable lithium-ion battery on the Callaway GPSy is in the upper range of what is on offer as it will provide up to 12 hours in GPS mode and up to 90 days when used as an everyday watch.
Verdict – Callaway has produced a watch that is a leader in keeping your score and negate the use of the boring paper scorecard. This will provide you with extensive information on the number of greens hit in regulation as well as putts per round.
5. SkyCaddie Linx GT
- 15 smart tags as standard issue
- Doubles up as a fitness tracker
- Packed with features
- Easy to see in bright conditions
- Awesome user interface
- Links to the smartphone app
- No touch screen
- Set up could be more user-friendly
- Involves a monthly subscription
- Only available in black
This golf watch is undeniably indispensable for golfers who value gadgets and want to share information on their rounds with family and friends, in real-time, with the aid of the SkyCloud 360 app. Bundled with the app on your smartphone, the package provides the golfer with a complete package to view and provide information out on the course.
In the weatherproofing category, the Shot Scope lags behind many of the competitors as it is water-resistant rather than waterproof.
It comes pre-loaded with more than 35000 courses.
SkyCaddie’s IntelliGreen® technology rotates the profile of the green to bring it into line with your attack angle. This then offers data concerning to the carry required to the front, the distance to the back, and the depth of green based on your line and angle of approach.
The watch will provide data for numerous distance measurements and provide the golfer with distance for lay-up, to the green, and to hazards. In addition to the information presented on the watch, there is additional data at your disposal on your smartphone. This will allow for more accurate planning of your next shot.
Shot Distance Tracking
A fascinating feature that is part of this comprehensive package is the Smart Tag system that provides 15 RFID tags to be affixed to your golf clubs. This will automatically register the club chosen and record the distance achieved.
Information regarding your swing is gathered and stored. In the app and can aid you in dissecting the moving parts of your swing and thus assist in improving your swing.
There is a virtual scoreboard available to assist you in keeping score
The LINX GT provides up to 8 hours battery life in GPS which is not the greatest offered, but that can be expected in view of all the technology that it provides.
Usability Outside Golf
The step, distance, and calorie tracking features make the LINX GT extremely usable for fitness and wellness tracker.
Verdict – This golf watch provides a load of data that puts it in a class of its own when it comes to tracking your shots and enables swing changes and fixes. The Smart Tag system is unique, and you will benefit immensely from the information provided regarding your swing.
Final Thoughts on GPS Watches
Accuracy of the information accessible has become a big part of the modern golf game and the space taken up by the devices providing the data has shrunk as the technology progresses.
Golf watches are now able to deliver a comparable quantity of information as most rangefinders while being affixed to your arm and no need to retrieve the gadget from your bag or cart.
In addition to all the information the golf watch supplies, while you are on the golf course, it collects data that enables you to review and improve your swing after your round. Some watches connect you to the world and enables your family, friends, and other golfers to track your progress from the comfort of their homes in real-time.
The watch that stands out from the group in this piece and gets our vote as the best golf watch overall, is the Garmin Approach S40 for the all-around list of features at an inexpensive price that compares well with the group tested.