Scottie Scheffler came out of nowhere on the golf scene. Initially, we were just looking at him as that guy with “happy feet.” Most of the golfing world was critical of his swing and how he seemed a little out of balance. Nobody saw him racking up wins as he did.
So, what is Scottie Scheffler’s net worth? Scottie Scheffler’s net worth is estimated at around $20 million. He’s over $34 million on the PGA Tour. In total, he made over $20 million in 2022 and over $12 million in 2023. He won the Masters in 2022 and quickly became one of the most successful golfers on the PGA tour.
Let’s dive into the 2022 Masters winner’s net worth, earnings by year, endorsements, golf career, and overall winnings.
Scottie Scheffler’s Bio
|Birth Place||Ridgewood, New Jersey|
|Scottie Scheffler Nationality||American|
|Date of Birth||June 21st, 1996|
|Scottie Scheffler Age||26 years|
|Scottie Scheffler Net Worth 2023||$20 Million|
|Residence||Dallas, Texas, USA|
|University||University of Texas|
Read More: What is Phil Mickelson’s Net Worth
Scottie Scheffler College Career
View this post on Instagram
Scottie Scheffler had a successful college career at the University of Texas at Austin. He played for the Longhorns from 2015 to 2018 and was a three-time All-American. He graduated in 2018 with a bachelor’s degree in finance.
Before kicking off his college career, Scottie won the individual state title thrice from 2012 to 2014. He also won the US Juniour Amateur Title and topped the US Juniour ranking tally in 2014.
Scheffler won four college tournaments during his career at Texas:
- 2017 Lamkin Grips San Diego Classic – Scheffler shot a final round 67 to win the tournament by one stroke.
- 2017 Aggie Invitational – Scheffler shot a final round 68 to win the tournament by two strokes.
- 2018 Amer Ari Invitational – Scheffler shot a final round 66 to win the tournament by one stroke.
- 2018 ASU Thunderbird Invitational – Scheffler shot a final round 65 to win the tournament by four strokes.
His outstanding college career helped to pave the way for his future success as a professional golfer.
Scottie Scheffler’s College career was just the beginning of this golfer’s potential and was evidence of his great temperament and winning mentality on the golf course.
Scottie Scheffler’s Korn Ferry Tour Career
Scheffler started his Korn Ferry Tour career with a strong showing at the 2019 Panama Championship.
He followed that up with his first Korn Ferry Tour victory at the 2019 Evans Scholars Invitational. After his first win, Scheffler continued to play well and picked up another victory just a few weeks later at the 2019 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship.
In his shortlived Korn Ferry Tour career, he managed to earn the PGA Tour card for the following season.
The following table shows Scottie Scheffler’s earnings on his shortlived Korn Ferry Tour Career:
|The Bahamas Great Abaco Classic at The Abaco Club||T23||$4,730|
|Country Club de Bogota Championship||T13||$8,175|
|LECOM Suncoast Classic||T35||$4,013|
|Chitimacha Louisiana Open||T5||$23,100|
|Savannah Golf Championship||T3||$39,375|
|Nashville Golf Open||T13||$15,450|
|KC Golf Classic||T2||$96,000|
|Evans Scholars Invitational||1||$108,000|
|Rex Hospital Open||T35||$5,250|
|BMW Charity Pro-Am||T28||$6,913|
|REX Hospital Open||T8||$16,500|
|LECOM Health Challenge||T3||$43,850|
|TPC Colorado Championship at Heron Lakes||T3||$43,850|
|Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr. Pepper||T16||$16,940|
|Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae||T6||$23,400|
|Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship||1||$180,000|
|Korn Ferry Tour Championship presented by United Leasing & Finance||T7||$47,125|
Although Scheffler’s Korn Ferry Tour career was short, it provided him with valuable experience and helped to prepare him for the challenges of the PGA Tour.
Scottie Scheffler’s PGA Tour Career
View this post on Instagram
Scottie Scheffler’s PGA Tour career began in 2019 after he secured his PGA Tour card by finishing in the top 25 of the Korn Ferry Tour Finals. Since then, he has quickly established himself as one of the top young players on tour.
In his rookie season on the PGA Tour, Scheffler made 22 cuts in 27 starts and recorded four top-10 finishes, including runner-up at The American Express.
He also finished T4 at the PGA Championship, his first appearance in a major championship.
Scheffler’s strong play earned him a spot on the U.S. Presidents Cup team, where he went 1-1-1 in his matches.
In the 2020-2021 season, Scheffler continued to impress, making 18 cuts in 22 starts and recording six top-10 finishes, including a T3 finish at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play and a T4 finish at the Masters.
He also finished in the top 10 in two of the three FedEx Cup playoff events, helping him qualify for the Tour Championship, where he finished T15.
Scottie Scheffler, in this period, also played for the US Ryder Cup team and won his individual match against European giant John Rahm.
Then came the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 PGA tour seasons, and Scottie came with a whole new winning mindset.
He accumulated success at such a quick rate that he became a force not to be reckoned with.
He quickly rose to the No. 1 ranking and stayed there for a few weeks till Rory McIlroy and John Rahm started competing for that position with their remarkable golf.
In this time frame, Scottie Scheffler won six tournaments, including the 2022 Masters and 2023 Players Championship. Read more about the 2023 Masters Tournament.
Following are Scottie Scheffler’s earnings from his wins on the PGA tour:
|Waste Management Phoenix Open (2022)||$1.476 Million|
|Arnold Palmer Invitational (2022)||$2.16 Million|
|WGC – Dell Technologies Match Play (2022)||$2.1 Million|
|The Masters (2022)||$2.7 Million|
|Waste Management Pheonix Open (2023)||$3.6 Million|
|The Players Championship (2023)||$4.6 Million|
Scottie Scheffler has accumulated over $34 million from his PGA Tour career. He has also earned an additional $5.75 million from FedEx Cup and $5.5 million from the Player Impact Program.
Read More: What is Tiger Woods’s Net Worth?
Scottie Scheffler Net Worth — Year by Year Earning
Are you wondering how much is Scottie Scheffler worth? Let’s look at Scottie Scheffler’s net worth as a subset of his year-by-year earning throughout his short professional career.
|Year||On-Course Earnings||Off-Course Earnings||Total|
Scottie Scheffler has seen a lot of success already in his career. He has exceeded expectations with his grit and hard work.
Scottie Scheffler Endorsement Deals
View this post on Instagram
Let’s take a look at the current Scottie Scheffler sponsors:
- TaylorMade: Taylormade sponsors Scottie’s driver and irons. Previously Scottie Scheffler was using Titleist irons and driver, but as of 2021, he shifted to Taylormade.
- Nike: Previously rocking Addidas apparel, Scottie Scheffler can now wear Nike clothing and shoes on the course. A lot of people ask how much does Nike pay Scottie Scheffler. Although Nike sponsors him to use their apparel, it’s still unclear how much Nike pays Scottie Scheffler.
- Titleist: Scottie Scheffler has a contract with Titleist to use Titleist balls and Vokey wedges.
- Veritex: Veritex bank is based in Dallas, Texas, supporting small-scale and mid-scale businesses. The bank is also passionate about golf and sponsors Scottie Scheffler.
- Netjets: Netjets is a private business jet company. And in 2022, it signed Scottie Scheffler as its ambassador for air traveling.
- Rolex: Scottie Scheffler rocks a Rolex on his wrist on the course. He’s one of Rolex’s long list of athlete ambassadors.
So how much Scottie Scheffler earns from endorsements? As of 2021, it’s estimated that Scottie earns $6 million annually from his endorsements.
Since Scottie has had multiple brand deals, his equipment keeps changing. However, he still aims for the best golf clubs.
Learn more about WITB of Scottie Scheffler.
Personal Life of Scottie Scheffler
View this post on Instagram
Scheffler graduated from Highland Park High School in Dallas as a standout golfer. Going on to attend the University of Texas to compete in the NCAA Championship.
When it comes to his personal life, Scheffler is known for keeping a low profile. He’s private and doesn’t share much information about his life on social media or in interviews. However, it’s known that he’s very close to his family, who have influenced his career.
Scottie is a dedicated Christian, and his faith is a big part of his personality.
In December 2020, Scottie Scheffler married his girlfriend of six years Meredith Scudder. Scheffler’s father, Scott, is his coach, and he has been instrumental in helping him develop his game. He has also credited his grandfather, Ronny, for inspiring his competitive spirit and teaching him the value of hard work and dedication.
He follows other sports and has been known to support the Dallas Cowboys and the Dallas Mavericks. Scheffler also enjoys playing video games and has been seen playing Fortnite with fellow PGA Tour players. He has even participated in online gaming events for charity.
Interesting Fact: Scottie still lives in a modest house in Dallas with his wife Meredith; the Bucks still own a 2012 Yukon. The car was gifted to him by his dad and holds a special place in his heart.
Career Earning Milestones
So let’s see how much money has Scottie Scheffler won.
Here’s how Scottie Scheffler hit his career-earning milestones:
- $1,000: Scheffler earned his first $1,000 in prize money at a junior golf tournament or amateur event early in his career.
- $10,000: Scheffler first surpassed $10,000 in career earnings during his college golf career at the University of Texas. During his three years playing for the Longhorns, he won seven individual titles and helped lead the team to the NCAA championship in 2019.
- $100,000: Scheffler earned his first $100,000 in career earnings during the 2019 Korn Ferry Tour season. He won his first professional title at the Evans Scholars Invitational and finished the season with more than $500,000 in winnings.
- $1,000,000: Scheffler surpassed $1 million in career earnings during his rookie season on the PGA Tour in 2020. He made 22 cuts in 27 starts and recorded four top-10 finishes, earning over $2 Million for the season.
- $10,000,000: In 2022, Scheffler’s career earnings on the PGA Tour exceed $10 million. His four professional wins, including the Masters, and Scottie’s overall performance in the season helped him cross $10 Million with ease.
- $30,000,000: Another milestone Scottie quickly passed was the $30 Million mark, and he did it in under a year. His great performance, bonuses, and endorsement deals have helped him cross the $30 million mark. Higher prize money on the PGA tour this year also helped his cause.
Scottie Scheffler indulges in a lot of charity work. Some of his major contributions are mentioned below:
- Hurricane Harvey Relief: In 2017, Scheffler donated his earnings from the Web.com Tour Championship to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. He finished tied for second place, earning $180,000 and donated the entire amount to help those affected by the devastating hurricane.
- Dell Children’s Medical Center: Scheffler has been involved with the Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin, Texas, where he has spent time visiting with patients and participating in events to raise awareness and funds for the hospital.
- Charity Golf Tournaments: Scheffler has participated in several charity golf tournaments, including the Golf San Antonio Benefit Tournament and the Little Linksters Charity Golf Tournament. These events raise money for various causes, including children’s hospitals, veterans’ organizations, and youth development programs.
- COVID-19 Relief: In 2020, Scheffler partnered with fellow PGA Tour players to raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts. The group, known as the “Birdies for Relief” campaign, pledged to donate a certain amount for every birdie and eagle made during select tournaments.
- He has also participated in the Triumph over Kid Cancer and the Northern Texas PGA Foundation. He has also donated $20,000 to Dallas Community School, $20,000 to Advocates for Community Transformation, $20,000 to Human Impact, and $20,000 to Behind Every Door Ministries.
Is Scottie Scheffler Rich?
Scottie Scheffler is quite rich. As of 2023, has earned more than $30 million because of his remarkable play on the golf course and endorsements from Nike, Taylormade, etc. Most of the earnings he has accumulated have come after 2021. He earned more than $14 million in 2022 and over $12 million in 2023.
Does TaylorMade Sponsor Scottie Scheffler?
Scottie Scheffler is contracted with TaylorMade to use the company’s driver and irons. He previously worked Titleist but decided to shift in 2021. Scottie Scheffler has been a great ambassador for TaylorMade by winning four times in 2022 and twice in 2023, all with TaylorMade clubs.
What Kind of Car Does Scottie Scheffler Drive?
Scottie Scheffler owns a 2012 Yukon, which was gifted to him by his dad; the car holds a special place in his life. After all his quick success, Scottie Scheffler has not lost sight of who he is, a humble and private personality.
So if you were wondering how much did Scottie Scheffler make, Scottie Scheffler’s net worth is around $20 million.
He has earned millions of dollars from his golf career and endorsement deals. As he continues to achieve success on the PGA Tour, his net worth is likely to increase significantly.
Overall, Scottie Scheffler is a talented athlete with a bright future ahead of him. With his impressive golf skills, work ethic, and dedication to improving his game, he will most likely challenge records and history in golf.
As a skilled golfer and wordsmith, Abdulmoiz brings a fresh and engaging voice to the golfing world. Whether he’s on the course or at the keyboard, he strives to improve and inspires others to do the same.