Add some extra fun to your next golf outing by playing the golf betting game Bingo Bango Bongo. It offers chances for golfers of all skill levels to score points.
Here’s how to play Bingo Bango Bongo in golf: Three points are awarded for each hole in the golf betting game, Bingo Bango Bongo. The Bingo point goes to the first golfer on the green. After all golfers are on the green, the Bango point goes to the golfer closest to the hole. Finally, the Bongo point goes to the first player to hit their ball in the hole.
Any golf fan will want to understand the strategy behind the game because you can get more fun out of your weekend rounds with friends.
Read on to learn:
- More about what bingo bango bongo is
- The rules of bingo bango bongo
- Scoring and point distribution
- Tips for playing bingo bango bongo
What is Bingo Bango Bongo in Golf?
When you play Bingo Bango Bongo in golf, you can play it in a group of two, three, or four golfers. Ultimately, a Bingo Bango Bongo golf game sets the goal for you to earn the 3 points per hole. Each point is called “Bingo,” “Bango,” or “Bongo.”
Here are the rules of Bingo Bango Bongo. The first player to get their ball on the green earns a point called “bingo.” Once all balls are on the green, the player with the ball closest to the pin earns a point called “bango.” The player who holes out first earns a point called “bongo.”
But it’s not so simple. You need to play smart and precise golf if you wish to score appropriately.
Who is Bingo Bango Bongo best for? High-handicap golfers will have the most fun with this game. More advanced golfers will probably all hit the green and hit their ball in the hole on the same shot so that it will take some of the delightful unpredictability out of the game.
This game shares many similarities with Stableford, but I find it far more enjoyable than Stableford. You can also play this game on teams. But the golf game Bingo Bango Bongo has many different alternative versions to it.
Preparing for a Bingo Bango Bongo Golf Game
As you’re getting ready for a game of Bingo Bango Bongo, there are a few things to consider.
- Points are awarded to whoever arrives at that particular point first. That means you may have a better second shot, but if your opponent gets to hit first because they’re farther away and get on the green, he or she would get the point.
- Learn the course. If you’re playing on a new course, take some time to learn the layout before you start playing. This will help you choose the right tee shots and approach shots.
- Decide on a betting amount. Before you start playing, decide on how much you’re willing to bet on each hole. This will help you keep track of your score and make the game more exciting. As a side note, most golfers play where every point is valued at $1 when playing as a betting game. That means you can win $3 total for a single hole or $54 for a single round.
You don’t need a special course or holes to play the game. Just head to your local course and start playing. You just need at least two players, although three or four works too.
Or you could play Bingo Bango Bongo as a team.
Related article: Golf Card Game: A Must-Play for Golf Lovers
How to Play Bingo Bango Bongo
Bingo Bango Bango starts with the player who had the worst score last round and continues in this order throughout the game. The rule strictly remains “Farthest away, first to play.”
Now, let’s take a look deeply at each scoring opportunity to better understand how to get each one.
- Bingo is the first point, and it goes to the golfer who is first on the green.
- Bango is the second point, and it goes to the golfer who gets closest to the pin, once all the golfers are on the green.
- Bongo is the third point, and it goes to the first golfer to get their ball in the hole.
In other words, there are three points up for grabs on every hole: one for being the first to reach the green, one for being closest to the pin, and one for holing out first. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins.
Here are some additional details about the rules:
- Par-3 holes: On par-3 holes, only two points are awarded. The first point is awarded to the first player to reach the green, and the second point is awarded to the player who holes out first.
- Hole-in-one: A hole-in-one awards the player three points. Good luck!
- Tap-outs and gimmies: Tap-outs and gimmies are not allowed in Bingo Bango Bongo. If a player is closer to the hole than another player, they must putt out.
Read more: How To Bet On Golf
Scoring and Point Distribution
Aside from the traditional rules of Bingo Bango Bango of 3 points per round, you can double the points if a player wins all 3 of the points consecutively.
You can score a total of 54 points in a game since each hole offers 3 points per hole. Your score on a single hole won’t lose you the game, but it will determine the order of who plays.
As for winning, whoever scored the most points wins.
Advanced Techniques and Strategies in Bingo Bango Bongo Golf
Each technique for winning looks at the individual point achievement. For example, to score the Bingo, you need to learn how to master long drives. Doing this means you must practice your golf swing since this will directly impact the speed. Better golf swings tend to hit the ball farther, allowing you to score the Bingo more easily.
For the Bango, you need to practice precision. To improve your precision, you might create smaller targets when you practice. You can also improve accuracy from short game practice.
You need to practice speed and accuracy to do well with the Bongo. Use the same things highlighted above to improve those elements.
Related article: Why Do Rich People Play Golf?
Tips To Win At Bingo Bango Bongo
Here are some tips to win at Bingo Bango Bongo:
- Play for position. The first two points in Bingo Bango Bongo are awarded for being the first to reach the green and the closest to the pin. This means that it’s important to play for position on every shot. If you can hit the green in regulation, you’ll be in a good position to win the bingo point. And if you can hit the green close, you’ll be in a good position to win the bango point.
- Make your putts. The third point in Bingo Bango Bongo is awarded for holing out first. This means that it’s important to make your putts. If you miss a putt you should have made, you’ll give up a point to your opponents.
- Be aggressive on par-3 holes. On par-3 holes, there are only two points up for grabs. This means that you need to be aggressive on these holes if you want to win. If you can reach the green in two shots, you’ll be in a good position to win the bingo point. And if you can hole out in two shots, you’ll be in a good position to win the bongo point.
- Be aware of the rules. There are a few special rules in Bingo Bango Bongo, such as the fact that tap-outs and gimmies are not allowed. Make sure you understand the rules before you start playing so that you don’t lose any points unnecessarily.
Here are some additional tips that may help you win at Bingo Bango Bongo:
- Choose your tee shots wisely. If you’re trying to win the bango point, you may want to lay back off the tee and hit a shorter drive. This will give you a better chance of being the first player on the green.
- Be patient on the greens. It’s important to be patient on the greens in Bingo Bango Bongo. If you rush your putts, you’re more likely to miss them. Take your time and focus on making each putt.
- Have fun! Bingo Bango Bongo is a fun game, so make sure you enjoy yourself. You’re less likely to play your best if you’re not having fun.
What is the Origin of Bingo Bango Bongo Golf?
The exact origin of Bingo Bango Bongo Golf is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in the United States in the early 1900s. The game is similar to other golf betting games, such as "closest to the pin" and "low gross." The first known mention of the game was in a 1920 issue of Golf Illustrated magazine.
Can Bingo Bango Bongo Be Played with Different Skill Levels?
Bingo Bango Bongo is usually better for high handicap players who’s scores may vary. But players with different skill levels can play as well. Since a player may be weaker but a better driver and win a lot of bingo points. Or a stronger player may be a great putter and win many of the Bongo points.
Is There a Minimum or Maximum Number of Players Required for Bingo Bango Bongo Golf?
You need a minimum of two players, and they don’t set a maximum, but if you play with more than 4 or 6 players you may consider splitting into teams.
Can Bingo Bango Bongo Golf Be Played in a Tournament Setting?
Yes, Bingo Bango Bongo can be played in a tournament setting. The game is relatively simple to learn and play, and it can be a great way to add some excitement to a tournament. If you're playing in a tournament with players of different skill levels, you can use handicaps to level the playing field.
Bingo Bango Bongo is a fun and easy golf betting game that golfers of all skill levels can enjoy. The game is simple to learn, but a bit of strategy is involved in maximizing your chances of winning.
In this article, we have covered everything you need to know to play Bingo Bango Bongo, including what the game is, the rules of the game, scoring and point distribution, and tips for playing the game.
We hope this article has inspired you to try Bingo Bango Bongo on your next golf outing. With a little practice, you’ll score points and have fun in no time!